Immunization and Fingerprint Requirement
The Teacher Education and Developmental Studies Program’s goal is to inform and encourage students to obtain immunization and fingerprint clearance early in their degree process.
CDE 101, 103 and 119: Students may be required to provide documentation of influenza shot, (TDap) pertussis and measles immunization, as well as TB clearance, as required by SB792 to complete the course.
- CDE 101, 103 and 119 we do not anticipate students being required to obtain this documentation since students do not provide “care and supervision” as the laws states. However, it is possible during the course of the class a student may need to provide the documents in order to observe in a community based classrooms or Community Care Licensing may ask for the documentation for students using the CDEC. In that case we would have 30 days to obtain the documentation from each student.
CDE 144, 147 and 148: Students will be required to provide documentation of influenza shot, (TDap) pertussis and measles immunization, as well as TB clearance, as required by SB792 to complete the course.
- For CDE 144, 147 and 148 students will be required to provide the documentation before placement in the classroom setting, typically the first few weeks of the semester.
- Student can either get the immunization through the your own health care provider, or one of the low cost provider in Riverside County.
- Students may be able to complete a titers test to determine whether they possess the antibodies for some the Measels, Mumps, and Rubella if they do not have access to their immunization records.
- The new law no longer permits immunization exemptions based on personal beliefs for children in child care and public and private schools;
Fingerprint Clearance Requirement
CDE 144, 148 and 149 students must submit evidence of a negative TB clearance and pay for Live Scan fingerprinting as required by the placement site.