Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) provides you with a welcoming and supportive environment. We’re here to help you achieve your academic goals and commitment to lifelong learning through diverse and active learning experiences, including collaboration with peers, tutors and MSJC faculty.
In providing a variety of services that enhance your academic goals, the Learning Resource Center empowers you to exceed your academic, vocational, and personal expectations.
The Learning Resource Center has been successful with:
- Increasing persistence, retention, and completion rates in students who use available services
- Increasing students’ academic success skills
- Increasing literacy and numeracy through learning resources including face-to-face instruction, tutoring services and technology
- Providing effective and ongoing training to peer tutors
- Increasing active learning among students who use the learning center
Stop by for a visit, meet the staff, and let us assist you in your efforts to achieve this semester. LRC services are free when you present your MSJC ID. You can access the center’s walk-in tutoring, workshops, computers, and handouts to assist with study skills, term papers, and academic tasks.