Guiding Light Admissions
HOW DO I APPLY TO GUIDING LIGHT?
The application process for Guiding Light begins when you apply to MSJC.
- Apply to MSJC
- Report Foster Youth Status on CCCApply application
- A Guiding Light Counselor will contact you to complete the onboarding process for the college and Guiding Light.
Note: If you did not, indicate that you were in foster care on your CCCApply application, for whatever reason, and feel that you are eligible for Guiding Light please see the Guiding Light Counselors for further assistance.
ONCE YOU HAVE APPLIED TO MSJC
You will need to make an appointment with the Guiding Light Counselor to complete the onboarding process. If possible, you will want to bring your dependency verification form to your first meeting with the Guiding Light Counselor. You can obtain the dependency verification form one of three ways:
- Contact your County Social Worker
- Contact the ILP Hotline 951-358-6748
- Contact the Office of the Ombudsman at 1(877)846-1602 or email@example.com
If you do not have a dependency verification letter and/or do not know how to get one. It is okay, a Guiding Light Counselor can help you with this step.