- Be a resident of California or meet AB 540/ California Dream Act requirements
- Be enrolled full-time (12 units, unless student has a special waiver) in a program leading to a certificate, associates, or transfer to a 4-year university.
- Qualify to receive a CCPG (California College Promise Grant) A or B.
- Be educationally disadvantaged as determined by Title 5 and the EOPS program guidelines.
- Have not completed more than 60 degree applicable units.
- Admission into the program is on a first-come-first serve basis.
Student may remain eligible for EOPS services unless one of the following occurs:
- Completes 70 degree applicable units.
- Failure to complete 1st, 2nd, and 3rd contact with with an EOPS counselor.
- Dropped/withdraws classes without consulting with EOPS/CARE Counselor/Director.
- Completed semester with less than 2.0 GPA
- Failure to comply with supplemental contract or counselors strategies for improvement
- Students that are discovered cheating or committing fraud with EOPS/CARE benefits/funds or who display abusive behavior toward EOPS/CARE staff/faculty or in the EOPS/CARE center will be automatically dismissed.
- Failure to meet the terms and conditions of the EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract.
Student must adhere to the following in order to remain eligible for EOPS services:
- Maintain three (3) EOPS counselor contacts per semester, to schedule an appointment go to EOPS/CARE Guiding Light at www.msjc.edu/hub. If on EOPS intervention, student must attend one intervention workshop.
- Enroll in 12 units per semester and maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Attend all mandatory orientations.
- Declare a major/academic goal by the end of second semester in EOPS.
- Develop/update an EOPS Student Ed Plan each semester with an EOPS counselor.
- Follow your EOPS Student Ed Plan when scheduling classes.
- Consult with an EOPS counselor before making changes to your class schedule.
- Meet with an EOPS counselor if experiencing difficulties which may impact your academic progress.
- Use Textbook funds ONLY for classes currently enrolled in.
- If placed on EOPS intervention and continue to not comply with the Mutual Responsibility Contract student will be removed from the program at the end of the intervention term.
- Notify EOPS of any changes in your name, address, or phone number.
- Apply or renew FAFSA each year.
- CARE students must adhere to specific requirements outlined by the CARE program.
- Student is responsible for ensuring that they have a completed Progress Report when they attend their second contact during walk-in times. Students taking on-line classes can download & email the
- Progress Report EOPS Progress Report to your instructors at www.msjc.edu/hub (Canvas grades are accepted)
- If you utilize the Accommodation Service Center (formerly DSPS), the student must provide EOPS with a reduced course load document signed by ASC authorized personnel if less than 12 units are recommended. Student will provide this documentation prior to the expiration of the document.
- Need to demonstrate semester-by-semester progress.
NOTE: Failure to meet all 3 Counseling contacts will result in your dismissal from the EOPS program. Please schedule your appointments accordingly.
1st Contact: Completed between 1st and 7th week of the semester
2nd Contact: Completed Progress Report turned in during walk-in times with a counselor between the 8th and 14th week of the semester
3rd Contact: Completed between 15th and 18th week of the semester.
4th Contact: (Intervention): Please see EOPS Fall 2020 Syllabi EOPS Fall 2020 Syllabus