FAQ | How do waitlists work?
Once all available seats in a section are filled, there may be an option to add to a Waitlist as long as...
- The Waitlist is not full. A waitlist holds a maximum of double the section capacity.
- The Waitlist is not closed. Waitlists close the Friday before the class beings.
- The class allows a Waitlist. (NOTE: Learning Community Courses do not allow a waitlist)
In an effort to gauge student demand for courses, Mt. San Jacinto College has expanded section wait list capacity from 10 spots to double the section capacity. The section capacity can be seen when searching for sections in EagleAdvisor. It is unlikely that you will be added to the class if 10 or more people are ahead of you on the waitlist . However, adding yourself to the wait list will help MSJC determine where more sections need to be added. To the extent possible, additional sections may be added when the waitlist shows the demand.
How to Add to a Waitlist:
- Login to your ea.msjc.edu student account and go to the Student EagleAdvisor menu.
- Select “Search for classes, then register” under the “Registration for College Credit Courses” section.
- Select Term from drop down box and enter class information to search for the type of course you are looking for. Then click “Submit”.
- From the search results, check the box next to the section you want to be waitlisted for. Then click "Submit".
- You will be taken to the “Registration Management” page.
- In the Action drop down menu next to the section, you will select Waitlist option. Then click "Submit".
- You will then be sent to confirmation page showing all the transactions you have requested.
What prevents students from adding themselves to a Waitlist?
- Enrollment appointment date/time has not yet been reached.
- Student has a hold on his/her account.
- The last day to wait list has passed.
- Waitlist is at its capacity.
- Already enrolled in another section of the same course.
- If same class is waitlisted with any past term.
How to Manage Your Waitlist:
“Manage My Waitlist” can be found under the section “Register for College Credit Courses" on Eagle Advisor.
This page will list the courses/sections you are currently waitlisted for along with your “Rank”. Example: Rank “5/10” this means you are number 5 on the waitlist which currently has 10 people on it.
You will be notified via MSJC student email and/or phone call if you have been “auto-enrolled” when a space becomes available.
If you are no longer interested in a section you are waitlisted for, it is recommended that you remove yourself from the waitlist. In the event that you are automatically enrolled into a section from a waitlist, all registration fees are applied. You must drop yourself from the course to avoid any penalties.
What is the autoenroll process?
Once a class is full and a Waitlist has been started, as students enrolled in the class drop the course the Autoenroll process will fill the vacant seats with students on the Waitlist, prioritized by their Rank/Seat number. As students are auto-enrolled, they will receive an automated phone call and/or email for notification.
IMPORTANT: As your Rank number gets closer to the #1 seat, check your waitlist status frequently to see if you have been automatically enrolled into the course. It is the student’s responsibility to verify enrollment and pay any fees by their due date to avoid being dropped from the course and removed from the waitlist. During the registration period, students have 4 calendar days (including weekends and holidays) to pay their fees. Beginning one week prior to the start of the term, payment is due the SAME DAY as registration. Payment can be made in person at any campus location during business hours, or online via Eagle Advisor.
There is a mandatory $6 transportation fee that is charged to all students upon registration. This fee is not covered by Financial Aid. You will not be dropped for not paying this fee. However, if you get dropped for non-payment of tuition you may still be billed for this fee. Refer to the Semester Information page for fee refund information.
Students will NOT be auto-enrolled from the Waitlist if any one of the following conditions exists:
- Current enrollment in a different section of the same course.
- Time conflict between a currently enrolled class and the waitlisted class.
- Corequisites or prerequisites for the wait list class are not met.
- Term unit limit is exceeded: fall and spring, 20.0; summer 8.0.
- Course repetition: Student is seeking to repeat a course already completed.
- The course requires instructor consent.
What should I do if I'm still on the Waitlist once the class starts?
Students that have not been auto-enrolled prior to the start of the class and remain on the waitlist are strongly encouraged to attend the first meeting. At that time, if the instructor is able to add you they will issue you a Late Add Code to be used online to register. MORE INFORMATION
Note for Online Classes Only: To be added to an online class that is waitlisted, you must be on the waitlist before it closes. You will receive an email from the instructor within the first week of the class if an open seat has become available. The instructor will provide you with a Late Add Code to register in the course.