Who is Eligible for Puente?
- Students who assess into or are eligible for English 101 and English 094 in the Fall semester.
- Students who are interested in transferring to a 4-year university or college.
- Students who want to be active on campus.
- Students who are you interested in learning and discussing issues that deal with multiculturalism specifically the Mexican-American, Latino/a, Chicano/a experience.
- Students who are looking for a classroom environment which challenges and motivates them to think critically, write, and enjoy reading literature written by Mexican-American, Latino/a, Chicana/a writers.
- Students who are seeking mentors.
- Students who want and need extra one-on-one guidance with the transfer process and educational planning.
If you said YES to these statements, you are eligible for the Puente Program!
Puente is a writing, counseling, and mentoring program aimed at helping you achieve your goals at MSJC and transfer to a 4-year university.
To learn more about the Puente Program attend an information session