Certified Nursing Assistant
Effective Spring 2022 Semester
All students applying for Nursing, DMS, EMS, CNA and MA are required to have proof of completed COVID-19 vaccine and booster. This is a requirement to enter clinical facilities as well as take face-to-face classes at MSJC.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program, as part of the Allied Health department, is
a full-term class that provides interested students the opportunity to experience
the field of nursing, and decide if this career might be for them, without making
a long term commitment. The CNA Program currently accommodates 30 students each semester.
This is a one semester, 160-180 hour course, including lecture and clinical practice, which prepares students to take the State of California Certification Examination as a Certified Nursing Assistant. CNA job opportunities are widely available in acute care hospitals and skilled care nursing.
CNA certification is an excellent preparation for students desiring to pursue a VN or RN license.
Dates and Deadlines
|Term||Application Period and Deadline||Acceptance Packet Deadline|
|May 2nd - June 2nd||July 15th|
October 3rd - November 3rd
Please submit documents to Nursing and Allied Health on the Student Support Hub under Certified Nursing Assistant Documen
- Once you click on the Submit Nursing and Allied Health Documents Here, you will be take to the submission page.
- Please enter your personal information then scroll down to select your program from the list. When you click on your program it will expand with options for uploading.
- Please choose the type of document or leave it blank. Then click the attachments button to upload your documents.
- Once your documents are attached scroll down to the bottom of the page and click submit in the bottom left.
NOTE: You are responsible to submit to the correct department. If you submit to the wrong department we are unable to retrieve your documents and they are considered as not submitted.
For assistance with any part of the submission process please visit our Welcome Center
NOTE: The Student Health Center is able to help our Nursing & Allied Health students with appointment for Physical Exams (including immunization review or order lab work), TB test, and Drug Screening. Feel free to contact them for more information regarding Student Services they provide via email or call (951) 465-8371.
1. Must have an MSJC student ID number. Apply for admissions here.
2. Download Pre-registration Application Packet and fill it out.
- Alta Vita Village
- Devonshire Care Center (DCC)
- Life Care Center of Menifee (LCCOM)
Program Learning Outcomes
- Prepare to successfully pass the State of California, Department of Health, National Nurse Assistant Assessment Program (N.N.A.A.P.) exam
- Demonstrate the fundamental nursing skills instructed in the state approved nursing assistant training program with 100% accuracy
- Qualify to be employed as a nursing assistant
Home Health Aide
We are currently accepting MSJC CNA students who are interested in pursuing a Home Health Aide Certificate for Spring 2023.
1. Download Pre-registration Application Packet and fill out during the Home Health Aide Application Filing Period. The updated and current application will always be available at the beginning of the current application period.
2. Submit documents via the Submit Documents Here link at the top of the page. Upload under the category "Certified Nursing Assistant Documents"
3. Once your application is accepted you will receive correspondece from the department to your personal and/or student email account with the acceptance packet.