Skip Main Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to bring for a Make-up test?

A photo ID (driver's license, high school or college ID, state or federal approved ID, passport etc.). Note: You will not be admitted without a photo ID.

Is an appointment necessary?

No. All Make-up tests are done on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis during regular office hours. 

The Placement & Proctoring Center provides this convenient system to meet the needs of our students' busy schedules. (Please Note: give yourself enough time to complete your test before the Placement & Proctoring center closes for the day).

What if I completed English and/or Math at another accredited college?

If you passed English and/or Math at an accredited college with a “C” or better, You will need to see an MSJC counselor (appointments and walk-in hours are available) who will help you complete the Prerequisite Evaluation Form, which you will then turn into Enrollment Services.  If you are planning on pursuing a degree at MSJC, then you can also complete a Transcript Evaluation form to be submitted to Enrollment Services.      

What if English is not my first language?

MSJC offers English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.  To determine your placement into ESL courses, MSJC administers the Combined English Language Skills Assessment (CELSA​) for placing non-native English speakers into English and Reading courses. The CELSA test does NOT require an appointment. Students can take the test during normal Placement & Proctoring Center Hours and should allow for at least an hour to check-in and take this paper and pencil test.

How do I get testing accommodations for my disability?

If you have a documented disability and need testing accommodations, contact your institution’s ADA Department for information and details about making any needed arrangements. Please visit Mt. San Jacinto College's Accommodation Service Center (ASC) for more information about accommodation services at MSJC.