ADN Application Procedure
Submit an application to MSJC.
- Request an evaluation pre-requisite course work by contacting the Nursing and Allied
Health Department (NAHD). Pre-requisites must be completed or in final semester of completion before submitting
an evaluation request. Complete an NAHD Evaluation Request, attach ALL your official college transcripts (from all institutions attended). Evaluation Request form must first be verified and signed by a counselor, student
must then submit the form to Enrollment Services Virtual Drop Box at https://msjc.edu/hub. *Please note all foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited U.S. company.
A list of approved companies for foreign transcript evaluations can be found at naces.org. You will receive your pre-requisite evaluation with a letter stating your program
application eligibility via U.S. Postal mail.
Transcript Evaluation Request
Transcript Evaluations will be accepted:
April 1 - July 1 the for September Application Period
April 1 - July 1 for the September Application Period
- Submit an Associate Degree in Nursing (RN) Application and all supporting documentation to the NAHD office between February 1 and February 15 for Fall admissions and between September 1 and September 15 for Spring admissions in to the RN Program.
Submit a Nursing Application and all supporting documentation to the NAHD office between September 1 and September 15 for Spring admissions in to the LVN-RN Program.
See nursing application for office hours. No applications will be accepted after deadline dates. Applications MUST be complete at the time of submission, or will not be considered for admission. No further paperwork will be accepted once applications are submitted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Documents to be submitted with application must include, but are not limited to:
- Copies of Letter of Eligibility and pre-requisite evaluation results
- High School Graduation verification (copy of diploma or GED if not verified on Transcript Evaluation)
- Copy of TEAS score (unofficial attached to application, followed by official results being sent directly from ATI)
- LVN – RN Applicants must submit a copy (back and front) of a current and active California Vocational Nursing License with their application materials.
LVN-RN Application Filing period: September 1-15.
RN Application Filing period: February 1-15 and September 1-15.
- Submit all required documents in person to:
Only students who have received an Eligibility Letter can submit an Application for the ADN (RN and LVN-RN) Program.
- Applications must be hand delivered to the Nursing and Allied Health Office, Building 500 on the Menifee Valley Campus.
- Applications must be received during the application filing period, by the close of business. See application for department office hours.
- Communication regarding Acceptance into the ADN Program is sent via MSJC student email ONLY, along with other requirements that need to be met in order to secure your spot in the program.
- After Final Selection, students who are unable to meet required immunization and background clearance by the specified due date will be dropped from the program.
The department will be holding workshops to answer any questions that you may have regarding the LVN-RN and RN application.
Prospective nursing students must pass a Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) prior to program admission. This test assesses basic skills in Math, English, Reading, and Science.
Applicants are required to submit the first passing TEAS score, therefore preparation
for this assessment is essential. Study resources can be found on the ATI website.
An applicant must achieve a passing composite score of 62% in order to be eligible for admission.
The ATI TEAS test can only be taken twice (total) in order to achieve a passing score.