What is C.A.R.E
COOPERATIVE AGENCIES RESOURCES for EDUCATION (CARE) is a state funded program designed to provide assistance and support for single parent,
head of household CalWorks/TANF, EOPS programs. The main goal is to help them obtain
a degree, certification, transfer and/or marketable job skills to break the cycle
of poverty, be independent of county aids and become productive members of society.
CARE is a supplemental support program of the EOPS (Extended Opportunity Program and
Services) at Mt. San Jacinto College.
A student may be eligible if she or he meets the following criteria
- Is an EOPS student
- Is receiving TANF/CalWorks for self or child under the age of 18.
- Is at least 18 years old
- Is enrolled in at least 12 units at MSJC
- Is single, head-of-household as determined by case worker
- Has at least one child under 18 years of age
Note: IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CARE, STUDENTS MUST ALSO BE ELIGIBLE FOR EOPS
- Automotive maintenance/repair *
- Child care grant *
- Graduation packs*
- Gas cards & Meal cards*
- Assistance with books/some supplies*
- Community Referrals
*All services are based on available funding and the students financial unmet need.
- Complete CARE orientation
- Complete an intake with the CARE Coordinator
- Complete the Agency Certification form
- Complete the Child Care Verification form
- Comply with EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract
- Complete the required workshops for child care grants and gas cards
- Complete an EOPS application
Online M-TH 8:00am-4:30pm & F 8-12:00