Dual Enrollment at MSJC
High School Students: Want to save time and money and be better prepared for college-level courses? Then check out the details about MSJC’s Dual Enrollment Program below or call 951-344-6392.
What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual enrollment allows qualified high school students to earn college and high school credit while meeting graduation requirements. Students can earn career education pathway credit and may have the opportunity to earn academic credit as well.
Can I Participate?
To participate, you must be in high school and have the support of your parents, principal and a high school counselor who can verify appropriate college-level courses or program pathways based your placement test scores.
Which Courses are Offered?
You will have the ability to take courses in general education and/or career education.
What are the Program’s Objectives?
Dual Enrollment creates access for high school students to participate in academic
and career post-secondary education opportunities.
- Awards college credit to high school students.
- Reduces college costs for students and families.
- Reduces the length of time it takes for students to attain their educational goals.
Why Take Dual Enrollment Courses?
Dual Enrollment allows high school students to:
- Begin working on a vocational certificate, associate's degree and/or university transfer requirements while still in high school
- Save thousands of dollars of college costs.
- Gain confidence in the ability to do college work and have an easier transition into post-secondary education.
Who Teaches These Courses?
Dual enrolled classes are taught by approved MSJC Associate Faculty who are also high school teachers.
To be successful, you will have to work at a higher level. Instructors will deliver a college-level course using college curriculum and textbooks.