How to Become a Pathway Student
To be eligible for the 2+2 Business Pathway, students must:
- Join MSJC’s First Year Experience (FYE). If you are not eligible for FYE, but would still like to join the 2+2 Business Pathway program, please email the 2+2 Business Pathway Coordinator to be screened for eligibility.
- Have fewer than 15 degree applicable units completed at any college or university.
- Be willing to attend school full-time (approximately 4-5 classes each Fall and Spring semester and 1-2 classes each Summer session).
- Be willing to start at college level math and English.
- Be willing to take the Guidance-100: “College Success” course. Most students will be asked to do this the Summer session before the student’s first Fall semester at MSJC.
How to Enroll in the 2+2 Business Pathway
To join the 2+2 Business Pathway, you must complete the following:
- Apply for Admission to MSJC
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov *
- Complete the FYE Application at msjc.edu/fye **
- Complete the Student Interest Form and have the 2+2 Business Pathway Coordinator evaluate your eligibility.
- Get any remaining questions answered by attending a 2+2 Business Pathway Information Session or emailing Shawna Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you are screened and found eligible, you will be invited to do the following:
- Register for Guidance-100 in your first Summer or Fall term (Summer preferred)
- Sign the 2+2 Business Pathway Student Agreement Form
- Sign the CSUSM Temecula Campus Transfer Admission Guarantee after successful completion of student’s first Spring semester.
*For those not eligible to complete the FAFSA, please fill out the California Dream Act application at https://dream.csac.ca.gov instead. If you are not eligible to complete either financial aid application, please skip this step and move on to step 3.
** If you are not eligible for FYE, but would still like to join the 2+2 Business Pathway program, please contact the 2+2 Business Pathway Coordinator to be screened for eligibility.