Cooperative Work Experience Program
The Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) program helps students achieve their educational and career goals through internships. This is a unique experience for students because it provides an opportunity to combine classroom education with mentored work experience.
Benefits for Employers:
- Create and maintain a relationship with Mt. San Jacinto College
- Close the gap between classroom experience and job skills by providing real work experience
- Select from a pool of advanced students to assist in current projects and assignments
- Cost-effective program for recruiting potential hires and reducing turnover
- Gives the business a chance to ensure today's student will become tomorrow's outstanding employee
- Opportunity to provide feedback to faculty on necessary skills for the industry to update curriculum
--> Identify any needs, special projects, and/or challenges that interns could be assigned.
--> Create an employer account on Eagle Career Connection. Log-on to www.msjc.edu/careerconnection to register for an account and start uploading job and internship announcements.
--> Complete the MANDATORY District Affiliation Agreement.
--> Interview potential candidates and notify the CWEE office of candidate that is selected.
--> Meet with student to review the CWEE Training Plan and develop 3 learning objectives that student should accomplish during internship.
--> Supervise student during internship and sign student’s timesheets.
--> Meet with Faculty Advisor at least once during the semester at your place of business.
--> Complete the Employer Evaluation of Student and review with student before submitting to Faculty Advisor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to see a list of frequently asked questions and the answers. Got more questions? Please contact the CWEE Office at 951-639-5567.