Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Help (new window)
Sign In
MSJC > Student Services > Financial Aid > Unusual Enrollment History

Unusual Enrollment History

Unusual Enrollment History (EUH) Flags:
Some Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSAs) will be flagged for “unusual enrollment history” by the U.S. Department of Education as a result of the student having received Pell Grants at multiple institutions in recent years.  Flags “2” and “3” require that the current institution review the student’s enrollment history and determine whether or not the student is enrolling only long enough to receive cash refunds of federal student aid.
MSJC’s Financial Aid Office, in the process of reviewing a student’s UEH flag, will check the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) for complete enrollment history (i.e., name of each  school attended during the 2011-2012, 2012-2013, and 2013-2014 academic years- the review period- and dates of attendance).
How to resolve: 
All students with UEH Flag 3 and some students with UEH flag 2 will be required to provide MSJC their unofficial academic transcripts from all colleges and universities attended during the review period.  If Pell Grants were received and credit hours (passing grades: A-D or P) were not earned at each institution attended during these award years, the student may be determined ineligible for further federal financial aid.  The Financial Aid Office has the authority to require an unofficial academic transcript from any/all colleges attended during the review period.
Appealing the ineligibility determination:
If the student has been determined by MSJC to be ineligible for federal student aid on the basis of (or lack of) documentation, he/she may appeal the determination by contacting the Financial Aid Office.
Regaining federal student aid eligibility:
Students whose aid eligibility is denied as a result of their UEH can be re-considered for federal student aid after meeting with an academic advisor, enrolling for two academic terms only in courses that are required by their program, not dropping or withdrawing from (officially or unofficial) any courses after the terms begins, and meeting the standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).