RTA “GoPass” Transportation Fee Effective Fall 2011
In spring 2011; students voted to keep the popular “GoPass” program on campus for a nominal $6 fee each semester. The program will be in effect for five years.
Important information regarding the RTA “GoPass” and NEW Eagle Card:
- ALL students will automatically be assessed a $6.00 transportation fee when they enroll in classes. This fee is not covered by Financial Aid or waived for concurrent or dual enrollment students.
- Payment must be made within 4 days of registration date; up until one week prior to the start of the term at which time payment is due same day.
- Students that do not pay this fee will have a hold placed on their account.
- Students may ride any RTA route anytime RTA operates by swiping their Eagle Card.
- The magnetic stripe on the back of the new Eagle Card allows enrollment information to be communicated between MSJC and RTA
- Students who drop all courses for the semester will become ineligible for the “GoPass” program and their Eagle Card will no longer work on the bus.
- Students that drop all classes and then enroll again or do not pay on time will experience a slight interruption in “GoPass” services.
- Students should view the semester information each term to obtain refund information and ride start/end dates.
- In the case of lost or stolen cards students may come to Enrollment Services to receive a replacement card at no extra charge, however any previously issued Eagle Cards will become invalid.
- Students that have problems with their Eagle Card reading on the bus should visit Enrollment Services for troubleshooting.
- Old student ID card layouts without the magnetic stripe on the back will not be valid to ride the bus.
Get your Eagle Card…
Students that have enrolled and paid the transportation fee may visit Enrollment Services with another form of picture identification at any of our four locations, San Jacinto (SJC), Menifee (MVC), Temecula (TEC) or San Gorgonio Pass (SGP) during business hours to receive the Eagle card photo ID which also serves as RTA bus pass.
*Students do not need a new eagle card each semester.*