· Provide information regarding Mt. San Jacinto College's academic procedures, programs, and services.
· Provide students seeking assistance with scheduling or clarification of requirements for graduation or transfer.
· Help Students clarify their academic goals, select major, and develop realistic academic work loads.
· Provide information on occupational and transfer programs, including general education and major course requirements.
· Help students develop educational plans that satisfy graduation and transfer requirements.
· Provides workshops and services that will assist students as they move to a four-year institution.
· Provide students to evaluate their interests, talents, and personality to develop academic and career goals.
· Provide information on current and future employment trends.
· Help students develop effective models for making career decisions and setting goals.
· Assists students in developing a smooth transition plan for transferring to a four-year college or university.
· Provide assistance with general education requirements, course equivalencies, and transfer contacts.
Personal or Crisis Counseling:
· Assist students in finding solutions to personal problems that may be affecting their academic progress.
· Provide short-term counseling and refer students to appropriate outside agencies for individual psychological or psychiatric therapy.
· Offer support to students with a respect and understanding for their backgrounds, cultural values, gender, communication styles, abilities and limitations.
Academic Probation & Dismissal Counseling:
· Provide assistance to students on Academic or Progress Probation and those subject to dismissal.
· Referral to the Learning Center for tutoring and other services and resources.