Mt. San Jacinto Community College District is firmly committed to maintaining a safe and healthful working environment. To achieve this goal, Mt. San Jacinto Community College District has implemented a comprehensive Injury and Illness Prevention Program. This program is designed to prevent workplace accidents, injuries and illnesses.
For additional information regarding our safety programs or if you have any safety related questions or concerns please address them to the following:
||Mt. San Jacinto Community College District |
Attention: Risk Management
1499 North State Street
San Jacinto, CA 92583
Last month marked the 11th Annual National Cyber Security Awareness Month sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to raise awareness about cyber risks and online safety. As the holiday season approaches, many customers who want to avoid long lines and crowds in stores may prefer online shopping to complete their gift lists. While the Internet offers convenience, it also provides opportunities for hackers to access personal and financial information of unsuspecting shoppers. Hackers use three common techniques to take advantage of online shoppers. These methods are:
· Targeting vulnerable computers;
· Creating fraudulent sites and email messages; and
· Intercepting insecure transactions.
· Keep personal information private and passwords secure;
· Use secure websites for purchases. Look for the locked padlock icon at the bottom of the screen or "https" in the URL address;
· Shop with companies you know; and
· Use anti-virus software, a firewall, and anti-spyware software.
Cyber security is a shared responsibility. Visit the DHS Stop.Think.Connect. website for more ideas on how to make using the Internet a safer experience this gift-giving season and throughout the year!