VN to RN Transition Program
VN to RN Transition Program
Note: Meeting admission requirements for the program does not guarantee admission into the VN to RN Transition Program. Please see the Multi-Criteria Selection for additional information about the selection process.
The following must be met prior to the application deadlines:
2. Completion of orientation and assessment. All students are also recommended to meet with a college counselor prior to applying
3. Proof of High School Diploma, G.E.D., California Proficiency Exam.
4. Must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of California and provide proof prior to applying
5. Submission of official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended.
7. Cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 college scale in the following admission requirement courses:
ANAT 101- Anatomy & Physiology I (5 semester units)
ANAT 102- Anatomy & Physiology II (5 semester units)
BIOL 125- Microbiology (5 semester units)
MATH 096- Intermediate Algebra or higher (5 semester units)
ENGL 101- Freshman Composition (4 semester units)
PSYC 101- Introduction to Psychology (3 semester units)
8. All admission requirement courses and general education courses required for graduation must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
9. ANAT 101, ANAT 102 and BIOL 125 require a 7-year recency. Receny may be aquired by taking Special Projects 299 arranged with the Science Department Chairperson through the MSJC Instruction Office. Students should have a completed Transcript Evaluation/Prerequisite Clearance on file with Enrollment Services prior to taking Special Projects 299.
10. Submit a Transcript Evaluation Request once all prerequisites are in progress or completed; deadline is July 1st for the September application cycle. Please review the sample timeline below for more information.
11. Students who receive an Eligibility Letter are required to submit a Nursing Program Application during the September 1-15 application cycle for selection consideration.
12. A total of 12 students will be selected. *may vary due to budget constraints
All students are required to submit a Transcript Evaluation Request prior to submitting an application to the Associate Degree Nursing Program. Please click on the form below to download a copy.
Submit Transcript Evaluation requests to Nursing and Allied Health Unit by July 1st for the VN-RN Transition Program.
For additional information, Please contact: Janyt Camper, Enrollment & Research Specialist, (951) 639-5661 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only students who have received an Eligibility Letter, obtained through the Transcript Evaluation process, are eligible to apply to the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
The Application Period for the VN-RN Transition Program is now closed.
The Deadline to submit an Evaluation Request for the Fall 2014 Program is July 1, 2013 ... Application cycle September 1-15, 2013
Letters regarding Spring 2014 program, acceptance or non-selection will be sent once the application period is closed. Please check your MSJC Student email.
Available resources to prepare for TEAS:
1. Attendance of a FREE optional review workshop is highly recommended. The workshops are being offered on the Menifee
Valley Campus during the following dates and times: ASTAR SCHEDULE October 1, 2013 - October 15, 2013
2. The TEAS version V book can be found on the ATI website.
Students selected for program admission must complete Role Transition courses during the Spring 2014 semester.
Application Period Timeline and Deadlines
Submit Transcript Evaluation/Prerequisite Clearance to Enrollment Services
Submit Application with all Required Supporting Documentation
September 1- 15
Provisional Acceptance Letters and Invitation to take TEAS V sent to Qualified Students
after September 15
TEAS V Test Administered (Only to students who have been invited)
Acceptance Letters Sent
Accepted Students will Enroll in Role Transition courses
Spring Semester (January)
Accepted Students will Begin Program
Fall Semester (August)
- Applications are accepted September 1st through September 15th
Applications must be received by September 15th at 4:30 pm ... or last business day prior to September 15th
Applications must be submitted in-person to the Nursing and Allied Health Office, Building 500, Menifee Valley Campus
NO late applications will be accepted
After Final Selection, students who are unable to meet required immunization and background clearance by the specified due date will be dropped from the program.
After applications are received, the Promotion, Enrollment, Admissions and Retention (PEAR) Committee reviews all applications and assigns points to each candidate based on the Multi-Criteria Selection Points System outlined below. A copy of the Multi-Criteria Selection can also be downloaded by CLICKING HERE
Applicants with the highest ranking based on Criteria 1-4 will receive Provisional Acceptance and be notified by MSJC Student Email only 4-6 weeks after the application period. Admission will be offered to the highest ranking applicants whose documentation supports the information provided in the application.