Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
is a full-term class that provides interested students the opportunity to experience the field of nursing, and decide if this career might be for them, without making a long term commitment. The CNA Program currently accommodates 30 students each semester.
This is a one semester, 200 hour course, including lecture and clinical practice, which prepares students to take the State of California Certification Examination
as a Certified Nursing Assistant and Certified Home Health Aide. CNA job opportunities are widely available in acute care hospitals, skilled care nursing and assisted living facilities, as well as home care.
Enrollment in the CNA course also includes enrollment in the HHA (Home Health Aid) training, which is a specified component of the CNA program. HHA prepares the CNA to work in the Home Health setting.
CNA certification is an excellent preparation for students desiring to pursue a VN or RN license.
The registration packet for the Spring 2016 semester is currently available please click here to download.
Required: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR (level "C"), Department of Justice fingerprint clearance (LiveScan through MSJC form only), Immunizations, proof of negative TB test, and Physician Certificate of adequate physical health (MSJC form only).
All students must download the most current packet, previous packets will not be accepted.
Course Enrollment Process
- Must have an MSJC student ID number. Apply for admissions here.
- Obtain a CNA Information/Pre-Registration Packet
- Students must complete all preregistration requirements listed in the CNA Packet prior to receiving an Instructor Consent Form to enroll in courses.
Students must have a registration date from Enrollment Services and cannot register until their assigned date.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Prepare to successfully pass the State of California Department of Health N.N.A.A.P. exam
- Demonstrate the fundamental nursing skills instructed in the state approved nursing assistant training program with 100% accuracy
- Qualify to be employed as a nursing assistant and/or home health aide
If you have any questions regarding the Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide Program, please contact us.