Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
is a full-term class that provides interested students the opportunity to experience the field of nursing, and decide if this career might be for them, without making a long term commitment. The CNA Program currently accommodates 30 students each semester.
This is a one semester, 200 hour course, including lecture and clinical practice, which prepares students to take the State of California Certification Examination
as a Certified Nursing Assistant. CNA job opportunities are widely available in acute care hospitals, skilled care nursing and assisted living facilities, as well as home care.
CNA certification is an excellent preparation for students desiring to pursue a VN or RN license.
For all information related to the application process for entry into the MSJC Certified Nursing Assistant program, public workshops will soon be provided. Please check here when the schedule is posted.
Required: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR (BLS), Department of Justice fingerprint clearance (LiveScan through MSJC form only), Immunizations, proof of negative TB test, and Physician Certificate of adequate physical health (MSJC form only).
Course Enrollment Process
The Process for Enrolling in the CNA Classes is Changing!
- Must have an MSJC student ID number. Apply for admissions here.
- Obtain a CNA application for admission and attend a mandatory CNA Information Workshop.
- Current Standard: Students must complete ENGL 092/098 or higher. Verification can be provided by submitting an unofficial transcript or Assessment Scores. (Note: Student may be in progress with English. Please submit Final Grade to the nursing office by December 16th for the Spring Application filing).
- Students must have a registration date from Enrollment Services and cannot register until their assigned date.
CNA Application Filing Period
Fall 2017: May 1st-May 15th
Program Learning Outcomes
- Prepare to successfully pass the State of California Department of Health N.N.A.A.P. exam
- Demonstrate the fundamental nursing skills instructed in the state approved nursing assistant training program with 100% accuracy
- Qualify to be employed as a nursing assistant
If you have any questions regarding the Certified Nursing Assistant Program, please contact us.