PLEASE SEE "How to Apply" PAGE FOR SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DMS PROGRAM.
Note: Meeting admission requirements for the program does not guarantee admission into the Diagnostic Medical Sonograhy Program (DMS). Please review the Selection Process webpage for more information about admission and being selected for the program.
The following must be met prior to the application deadlines:
1. Admission to Mt. San Jacinto College. All student must have a student ID#, which can be obtained by submitting an online application to the college found at: http://www.msjc.edu/StudentServices/EnrollmentServices/Pages/default.aspx.
2. Completion of orientation and assessment. All students are also recommended to meet with a college counselor prior to applying.
3. Proof of High School Diploma, G.E.D., California Proficiency Exam, or a College Degree.
4. Submission of official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended.
5. Review department website located at www.msjc.edu/alliedhealth for updates to the program.
6. Attend an information session and receive a certificate for attending the information sessions. Click for more information DMS Workshops
7. Cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 college scale in the following admission requirement courses:
- ANAT 101- Anatomy & Physiology I (5 semester units)
- ANAT 102- Anatomy & Physiology II (5 semester units)
- COMM 103- Interpersonal Communications (3 semester units)
- PHY 100- Conceptual Physics (3 semester units)
- MATH 090 or higher- Elementary Algebra (4 semester units)
8. All admission requirement courses and general education courses required for graduation must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
9. ANAT 101 and ANAT 102 require a 7-year recency. Receny may be aquired by taking ATI's A&P Assessment. Students must have a completed Transcript Evaluation to recieve ATI Registation information.
10. Submit a Transcript Evaluation/Prerequisite Clarance Request once all prerequisites are in progress or completed before the deadline of December 1 to enter program in the following Fall semester.
11. Must be at least 18 years of age.
12. Must have own transportation to all affiliated hospitals.
13. Obtain an application from the Nursing and Allied Health Office during the application filing period. Applications are accepted March 1-15 of each year.
To read more information about the program requirements, please download and review the DMS Program Brochure.
All prospective applicants are required to submit a Transcript Evaluation Request prior to submitting an application to the DMS program. Please click on the form below to download a copy.
DMS Program - Transcript Evaluation Request
DMS Evaluation Flyer
Once the evaluation is completed, the student will receive a copy mailed to the address reported on the evaluation form. The student should review this letter carefully, as it will outline the documents submitted, the remaining documents required in order to apply to the DMS program, as well as the next steps the student needs to complete in order to apply to the program.
Note: Please review your evaluation carefully. Each evaluation will have an expiration date. If you are not selected for admission, you can use the same evaluation to apply in a future semester as long as your evaluation has not reached an expiration date. If you have completed additional courses you will need to request an update of your evaluation, by submitting a new Transcript Evaluation/Prerequisite Clearance form and then write "Request Update" in the student comments section of the form.
For additional information, Please contact: Janyt Camper, Enrollment & Research Specialist, (951) 639-5661 or at email@example.com
Although the general education courses are not required for admission into the DMS program, students are strongly advised to complete all general education requirements prior to starting their first semester in the DMS program due to the rigorous course load. The general education courses are required for completion of the Associate of Science Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Please review the current MSJC Catalog and see a counselor for more information on the required general education courses for graduation.
Students beginning the DMS Program in Fall 2012 will be earning an Associate of Science Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography only. The certificate only option has been discontinued. All students entering the DMS Program must complete all A.S. Degree requirements as well as the 60 unit DMS Program and prerequisite courses. All students must also attend an information workshop.
To view the information workshop schedule, please click here DMS Information Workshop Schedule-FA 2013.pdf