POLICY (Fall 2013) - As a result of migrating to a new Library
Catalog/Circulation software, Full and Part time faculty must now
present a MSJC faculty ID card in order to check out materials. The ID
cards are free, and can be obtained from Enrollment Services.
CLASS ORIENTATIONS - Contact a librarian
- Faculty may schedule library orientations for their classes at any time during the semester.
- Orientations include an overview of library resources and services,
focus on searching the library catalog and databases, and formulating
search strategies using appropriate resources.
- Orientations may be general or customized to a special assignment, and usually last from 40 minutes to an hour.
- Library Orientation's are held in Room 305 which is shared please
schedule your orientations early in the semester to ensure first choice
of day and time.
Instructors may place their ancillary class materials (see below for textbooks) on reserve by filling out a registration form at the library circulation desk, or you may print the RESERVED REGISTRATION FORM, fill it out, and bring it to the library with your reserved item. Note: a separate form must accompany each item.
are processed and cataloged before becoming available to
students. They are then shelved behind the circulation desk, and
checked out to students for 2 hour library use.
Duplications of copyrighted VHS tapes, DVD's and CD's will not be accepted without proof of licensing by the copyright holder.
Library staff is not responsible for knowing assignments related to
reserved materials. The deadline for placing items on reserve is 3 weeks prior to the start of finals.
RECEIVED THE WEEK THAT CLASSES BEGIN MAY TAKE UP TO TWO WEEKS FOR
PROCESSING, due to limited library staff. Please forewarn your
All notices to you regarding reserved materials are sent via MSJC e-mail addresses. In order to insure that your reserved materials will be available to your students during the first week of classes, you must deliver them to the library at least two weeks before classes begin.
Library personnel are available during the breaks. Please call ahead to schedule a time to drop off your materials.
The Library does not purchase current textbooks, however,
you may donate a copy of your textbook to the Library by filling out
a donation form at the library circulation desk, or you may print the TEXTBOOK DONATION FORM, fill it out, and bring it to the library with your textbook. Note: A separate form must accompany each textbook.
Textbooks are placed on a "self-service" shelf near the REFERENCE desk, and are available to students for library use only, on a first come, first served basis. NO CHECK OUT REQUIRED
may reclaim your textbook at any time, however, unclaimed textbooks
will become the property of the Library when no longer current.
Textbooks received in the library the first week of classes may take up
to two weeks for processing. Please forewarn your students.
- All notices to you regarding textbooks are sent via MSJC e-mail.
BLACKBOARD ACCESS TO ONLINE LIBRARY RESOURCES
Server Information: To create a permanent URL link in BlackBoard to one
of the library's subscription databases, article from a database,
e-book, or streaming media resource it is necessary to include the
library proxy server prefix BEFORE the URL. This step will allow
students to access the resource off campus using their BlackBoard
username and password. For assistance please contact a MSJC librarian at
- VHS TAPES AND DVD'S check out for 1 week.
- May be reserved in advance to insure availability.
INTERLIBRARY LOANS (Order books from other libraries with online form)
- Available to current faculty and students.
- Acquired from fee-free libraries only.
- Allow two or more weeks for delivery.
- Request items using this online form.
SUGGESTIONS FOR PURCHASE OF MATERIALS
accept recommendations from faculty any time during the year. However,
requests received after February 15th may not be filled until the
following school year.
- Formal request forms are available, or requests may be e-mailed to librarians with at least the following information:
- Title, ISBN or ISSN (if known)
- Requestor's name, number, e-mail address
This online form
can be used to request material.