Individuals with flu-like symptoms, which include fever, coughing, vomiting and sneezing, should stay at home and isolate themselves for seven (7) days and limit contact with other individuals, as advised by Riverside County health officials and the Centers for Disease Control.
H1N1 Flu Prevention Tips
To help avoid infection, follow these prevention tips provided by the Centers for Disease Control:
- Frequently wash hands using soap and warm water.
- Carry hand sanitizer (60 percent or higher alcohol content) and use often.
- Avoid persons who exhibit symptoms of coughing, sneezing and runny nose.
- Stay at home if you feel ill and have flu symptoms.
- Cover your face when coughing or sneezing by using a napkin or rag and toss it away immediately and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, face, mouth or nose with your hands.
- Isolate yourself at home for 7 days upon onset of symptoms.