Once you have been awarded Federal Work-Study through the financial aid process, complete the following steps to be placed in a job:
1) CHECK THE JOB POSTINGS ONLINE
If you find an available position you are interested in, go to the Financial Aid Office to receive a completed Referral/Placement form and Hire Packet.
2) MEET WITH PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYERS
You may contact the employer at the number listed on the position announcement that interests you. However, you may accept ONLY ONE FWS POSITION.
3) OBTAIN EMPLOYER APPROVAL
Once you have accepted a FWS position, your employer must:
(1) COMPLETE and sign SECTION B of the Referral/Placement form and
(2) COMPLETE and sign a STUDENT EMPLOYMENT HIRE SLIP form.
4) MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SUBMIT ENTIRE HIRE PACKET TO HUMAN RESOURCES
You must also present your Social Security Card and another acceptable form of identification in order to finalize your employment BEFORE YOU MAY BEGIN WORK. Please refer to the back of the Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9 in your hire packet for a complete listing. Acceptable identification includes but is not limited to:
Driver’s License or state issued photo I.D,
Green card and/or I-94 (if applicable),
Certification of U.S Citizenship,
Certificate of Naturalization
5) COMPLETE ALL ABOVE STEPS BY THE DEADLINE