Co-Chairs: Faculty Distance Education Coordinator (if there is no DE Coordinator, the committee will elect a Faculty Co-Chair from the membership)
Dean of Library and Technology
- Administration (1)
- Distance Education Network Coordinator (Classified)
- Classified at large (1)
- Instructional Technology Services Network Supervisor
- Faculty (6)
- Students (2)
The committee recognizes the input from non-voting faculty members appointed by the Academic Senate not to exceed 5 additional faculty members.
1) The committee will address the evolving technology needs of Mt. San Jacinto College in a variety of areas related to the use of technology for instructional purposes.
2) The committee will be the recommending body for curriculum, policies, procedures, systems and purchases that relate to distance education and technology used for teaching and learning.
As a shared governance body the Educational Technology Committee shall:
1) Meet once per month and submit an agenda and minutes for each meeting to each of the ETC Committee members and to the Academic Senate
2) Assist in the development and deployment of curriculum for distance education including review of distance education addenda for both fully online and hybrid courses either through selecting a liaison to serve on the Curriculum Committee or through full committee review of addenda, as requested by the Curriculum Committee.
3) Work cooperatively with administration and the bargaining unit as appropriate in the recommendation and development of policies related to the MSJC distance education program.
4) Work cooperatively with other pertinent committees in developing and implementing staff development activities for the use of instructional technology.
5) Work cooperatively with other pertinent committees in developing and maintaining a comprehensive Technology Plan for MSJC.
6) Work cooperatively with other pertinent committees in the development and integration of the MSJC Technology Plan with the College’s Educational Master Plan.
7) Identify potential needs for technology as they relate to instruction.
8) Develop a list of recommendations for purchases and utilization of technology as it relates to instruction.
9) Develop long term goals for MSJC’s utilization of technology in instructional venues.
Agendas and Minutes