New Course Requirements
New course submissions require support from department faculty and department chair(s), approval from the librarian and the Articulation Officer, technical review and Assessment Coordinator approval, chair(s) and dean(s) approval, two readings and Board of Trustee approval. (For specific information and dates: See the Simple Flowchart, Curriculum Schedule, and CurricUNET Guide.)
Valuable resources available that may save you time and work:
- Best Practices Handbook - Please utilize the link located on the left hand side of the screen
- CurricUNET Guide
- Research Assist (Instructions) or Articulation Coordinator (Janet McCurdy ext. 3280, firstname.lastname@example.org) before you begin. (Articulation Calendar 2011-12, and sample of the Articulation Cycle)
- Review Academic Senate Curriculum PowerPoint (2003) presentation for new or revised course outlines of record.
- See the Curriculum Committee Schedule for deadlines for submissions, approvals, catalog inclusion, etc.
- If course is being recommended as a AA/AS General Education Breadth course, contact your Department Chair or your Curriculum Committee Representative (Curriculum Committee Members) for guidelines and requirements (GE Breadth Guidelines).
- For pedagogical assistance, please contact the Faculty Co-Chair, Michelle Stewart, ext. 5645, email@example.com , your Department Chair or your Representative on the Curriculum Committee (Curriculum Committee Members).
- For prerequisite, corequisite, advisory, program impact and course repeatability information, please contact the Class Scheduling and Information Specialist (Angela Seavey ext. 3402, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Any issues/problems that you encounter with the CurricUNET system and process should be directed to the curriculum email Curriculum@msjc.edu, please allow 48-72 hours, excluding holidays and weekends, for a response.