Course Revision Requirements
Course revision submissions require support from department faculty and department chair(s), approval from the librarian and the Articulation Officer, technical review and Assessment Coordinator approval, chair(s) and dean(s) approval, two readings and Board of Trustee approval. Additionally, when a Course Outline of Record is submitted to the Curriculum Committee for revision, any Honors or Distance Education Addenda applied to that course must be reviewed, revised (as necessary), and resubmitted for approval at the same time as the revised Course Outline of Record. The submission of a Course Outline of Record without the resubmission of applicable Honors and Distance Education Addenda will be deemed incomplete and will not be placed on the Curriculum Committee agenda until reviewed or revised Honors and Distance Education Addenda are submitted. (For specific information and dates: See the Simple Flowchart , Curriculum Schedule and CurricUNET Guide.)
Valuable resources available that may save you time and work:
- Best Practices Handbook - Please utilize the link located on the left hand side of the screen
- CurricUNET Guide
- Research Assist (Instructions) or Articulation Coordinator (Janet McCurdy ext. 3280, firstname.lastname@example.org) before you begin. (Articulation Calendar 2011-12 and sample of the Articulation Cycle)
- Review Academic Senate Curriculum PowerPoint (2003) presentation for new or revised course outlines of record.
- See the Curriculum Committee Schedule for deadlines for submissions, approvals, catalog inclusion, etc.
- If course is being recommended as a AA/AS General Education Breadth course, contact your Department Chair or your Representative on Curriculum Committee (Curriculum Members) for guidelines and requirements (GE Breadth Guidelines).
- For pedagogical assistance, please contact the Faculty Co-Chair, Michelle Stewart, ext. 5645, email@example.com or your Representative on the Curriculum Committee (Curriculum Members).
- For prerequisite, corequisite, advisory, program impact and course repeatability information, please contact the (Class Scheduling and Information Specialist Angela Seavey, ext. 3402, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any issues/problems that you encounter with the CurricUNET system and process should be directed to the curriculum email Curriculum@msjc.edu, please allow 48-72 hours, excluding holidays and weekends, for a response.