Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
September 30, 2005
The meeting began at 2:36 p.m. Members Becky Elam, Paul Hert, Robin Steinback,
Jim Davis, Gail Jensen, Carlo Hinchliff, Matthew Love, Darryll Taylor, Robert
Parker, Kristi DiMemmo, Karen Watts, Ron Bowman, Michael Beckham, Rebecca Teague,
Toni Silva and visitor Bob Rockwell were present. Gretchen Fowler, Donna Greene,
Dennis Hogan, Catalina Cruz were absent.
- Introductions made.
- On motion by Gail Jensen and seconded by Karen Watts, April 22, 2005 Minutes
were approved with one change.
- Meeting dates and time established as the fourth Fridays at 2:30 PM. Due
to Thanksgiving holiday November 25, November's meeting will be the 18th.
- Student Report
- Carlo Hinchliff and Matthew Love welcomed to the committee.
- ASB is busy preparing for Halloween, spirit week and homecoming
- Grants information - Rebecca Teague
- Deadline calendar available on web
- $1.5M grant approved for nursing program expansion
- $3,000 from Target Foundation for CDEC approved
- Observation made that Honda grant provided cars and equipment but did
not include staff
- District desires to hire more full-time faculty - can hospitals fund
or hire/share positions?
- Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) - Bob Rockwell
- Recommendation to Committee: Revise the function of the budget committee
by incorporating SLOs into the budgeting process.
- Challenges to the new process will be to determine what criteria
to use and what timeline.
- Ultimately, the goal is to become an auto-diagnosing, self-correcting
institution as determined by SLOs.
- Next Meeting is October 28 2005 at 2:30 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes