Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
October 28, 2005
The meeting began at 2:30 p.m. Members Paul Hert, Catalina Cruz, Robin Steinback,
Jim Davis, Gail Jensen, Carlo Hinchliff, Teri Sisco, Karen Watts, Ron Bowman,
Michael Beckham and Dennis Hogan were present. Becky Elam, Matthew Love, and
Donna Greene were absent.
- On motion by Gail Jensen and seconded by Jim Davis, September 30, 2005 Minutes
were approved with one change (date on the minutes changed to September 30,
- No meeting in November. The next meeting will be December 2.
- Ron Bowman replaced Gretchen Fowler as a voting member.
- Michael Beckman is now a voting member.
- Donna Greene is an alternate.
- Jim Davis will take care of notifying Gretchen and Donna accordingly.
- On motion by Dennis Hogan and seconded by Teri Sisco, the 2006-2007 Budget
Calendar was approved.
- Student Report
Review Committee Charge and New Accreditation Standard:
- ASB is concerned about lack of participation at their events. Several
suggestions were offered.
Next Meeting is December 2, 2005 at 2:30 p.m.
- In a college where needs must be met in several areas, the goal is to
incorporate the budget committee into the process of ensuring that monetary
resources are strategically invested in accordance with college-wide planning
- It was recommended that the committee maintain the status quo for how
it operates and adopt the task of determining how it may best serve the
college as a goal for this academic year.
- Have a presentation from Business Services on the community college
funding mechanism, the internal budget process at MSJC as it is currently
constituted, and the vision that Business Services has for how the budget
committee should function.
- Invite key personnel in charge of the college's various planning processes
(master planning, program review, etc.) to provide a presentation on
how their process works, the content of the end-product of their efforts,
how we may incorporate their process into our decision making, and if
they would be willing to accept feedback from our committee on how their
process could be augmented/modified to further assist us.
- Study models used at other institutions.
- Revise charge by eliminating "which are outside the conventional
allocation process" from Item 3 of Charge.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes