Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
October 22, 2004
The meeting began at 2:06 p.m. Members Becky Elam (co-chair), Paul Hert (co-chair)
Catalina Cruz, Bob Rockwell, Kristi DiMemmo, Gail Jensen, Karen Watts, Martha
Crawford, and visitor Dick Stover were present. Donna Greene, Gretchen Fowler,
Dennis Hogan, Marcos Castellanos, Robin Steinback, Melissa Cabral and Jenna
Wilson were absent.
- On motion by Karen Watts and seconded by Martha Crawford, the minutes for
September 24, 2004 were approved. Dick Stover, Kristi DiMemmo, Gail Jensen
and Robert Rockwell abstained from voting.
- November's and December's meetings are as follows:
Karen Watts will reserve rooms.
- Friday, November 19, 2004 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 10, 2004 at 10:30 a.m.
- Budget Calendar - 2005-2006 Budget Calendar and 2005-2006 Faculty/Staff
Involvement Time Lines were reviewed. On motion by Kristi DiMemmo and seconded
by Dick Stover, 2005-2006 Budget Calendar was approved and will be taken to
November's College Council meeting.
- Partnership for Excellence Funds - Summary of Expenditures from fiscal year
00/01 through 04/05 discussed.
- Began with $1.8M in 00/01. Dropped to $225 thousand
- $700,000 lost since 00/01.
- Focus has been to fund full-time faculty and to reserve funds for use
as buffer during recent lean years.
- District has remained fiscally sound due to availability of buffer.
- Focus for 05/06 funds is to backfill mid-year cuts, progress towards
goals and build up basic skills.
- Facility Projects
- Facility Committee meets the third Friday each month at 8:30 a.m.
- Facility Project Funding Proposal form available on the "P"
drive at P:\Business Services\ Project Proposal Form\Project Proposal
- Projects on Facility Project Summary reviewed
- LRC will finally begin and hopes are that it will open in January 2006.
- Cost is expected to increase by $30% due to State funding delays.
- 200 parking spaces were added last summer to offset parking spaces
needed for the LRC construction.
- District has selected an architect, LPA from Irvine, for the MVC Technology
- ASB report not available.
- Accreditation Self-Study
- Committee members encouraged to review Standard III Financial Resources
portion, page 19, and participate in the Self-Study.
- Becky Elam and Catalina Cruz will write five or six survey questions
for budget committee review and approval at the next meeting.
- Discussion regarding the relevancy of surveying "everyone"
for financial resources brought out that many financial decisions
are made that only involve management.
- Discussion brought out that Education Planning Committee has not
met recently although District has been adhering to Master Plan.
- Committee will be making observations and will critique in Spring.
Next Meeting is November 19, 2004 at 2:30 p.m.
The meeting adjourned at 3:12 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes