Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
November 19, 2004
The meeting began at 2:31 p.m. Members Catalina Cruz, Bob Rockwell, Dennis
Hogan, Melissa Cabral, Jenna Wilson, Donna Greene, Gail Jensen, Karen Watts,
Dick Stover and visitor Rebecca Teague were present. Gretchen Fowler, Marcos
Castellanos, Robin Steinback, Paul Hert, Becky Elam, Martha Crawford and Kristi
DiMemmo were absent.
- On motion by Gail Jensen and seconded by Bob Rockwell, the minutes for October
22, 2004 were approved with one change.
- Instructional Equipment/Bob Rockwell
District is in the third year of a five-year plan for instructional equipment
and probably needs to be reassessed. Instructional equipment especially sciences
and arts is growing older and wearing out. Parts and repair services are becoming
obsolete. Provisions for replacement are not resolving any problems. Possible
- Compiling equipment budgets from all departments and replenishing equipment
for a different department each year.
- Accessing current status and creating multiple-year strategy
- Research size of problem
- Formulate a strategy/recommendation to take to Cabinet. The strategy
will be linked, as necessary, with the Facilities Plan.
- Grants/Rebecca Teague
Rebecca will participate with several committees to identify areas and people
who could most benefit from grants. Grants are available but are not being
sought after because faculty and staff are:
Rebecca's goal is to educate faculty and staff and encourage grant acquisition.
She is available to assist anyone through the process and has forms available
on the P drive and soon on the MSJC website.
- Have heavy workloads
- They may not know where to look for grants
- They may feel application procedures are complicated and intimidating
- They may be concerned that grants will not be awarded after having invested
- ASB report
- More students are becoming involved
- Some students are interested in use of property near football field
as practice area for track & field events.
- Accreditation Self-Study/Catalina Cruz
- Becky Elam and Catalina Cruz attended ACBO meeting and brought back
a comprehensive list of things accreditation team will ask for/look for
on the site visit.
- The list of questions for the 2004-2005 Annual Fiscal Report will also
be helpful for accreditation
- Evidence collected should bridge the gap between how money is actually
spent and what students actually receive.
- Zoomerang survey will be sent out after Thanksgiving holidays.
Next Meeting is December 10, 2004 at 10:30 a.m.
The meeting adjourned at 3:25 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes