Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
November 19, 2003
The meeting began at 3:30 p.m. Members Becky Elam (co-chair), Ron Bowman (co-chair),
Bea Ganim, Robin Steinback, Karen Watts, Dennis Hogan, Gail Jensen, and Kristi
DiMemmo, were present. Karen Richter, Don Robinson, Alma Cacho, Matt Zepeda,
and Catalina Cruz, were absent. Visitors present were Ron Krimper, Richard Clifford
and Mark Dumas.
- On motion by Becky Elam and seconded by Dennis Hogan, the minutes for October
8, 2003 were approved.
- Budget Proposal Form - Additional suggestions were made and modifications
will be brought to December's Budget meeting for approval.
- Revenue Targets - There have been no further budget cuts to date; District
is on target with enrollment goal.
- Request for a van on the MVC - Richard Clifford brought results of van requests
and rentals for the past year from the MVC. Vans are checked out from SJC
facilities. Vans are delivered to the MVC by facilities upon request. If one
is not available from District fleet or a driver is not available, approval
for a rental from Enterprise is given. Enterprise does allow us to pick up
the evening before or drop off the morning after with no extra charges. Dennis
Hogan will research costs for a future a cooperate account wherein vehicles
are owned and maintained by a rental company and used by the District versus
selling old vans and purchasing new ones.
- Other - Instructional materials fees - The committee discussed instructional
materials fees and Chancellor's Office regulations. Only items that students
use and take with them can be charged. It was decided the topic would be brought
to a future meeting for further discussion.
- Shared Governance/Budget Committee Membership and Charge - A survey will
be conducted electronically to accept the Budget Committee Membership Charge
and forward it to the Shared Governance Committee.
- ASB Report - No report today.
- CMS Report, Mark Dumas - The first two weeks were more difficult than anticipated
but overall the program is working smoothly. CMS service is excellent. District
staff is able to correct paper jams and change toners. There was a problem
with some cards and it was resolved. Paper demand and printing diminished
to less than half. Feedback has been mostly favorable. Program will be reevaluated
- Next Meeting will be December 17, 2003 at 3:30 PM.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:30 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes