Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
January 28, 2005
The meeting began at 2:10 p.m. Members Robin Steinback, Dennis Hogan, Gail
Jensen, Becky Elam, Paul Hert, Robert Parker and Karen Watts, were present.
Catalina Cruz, Kristi DiMemmo, Donna Greene, Jenna Wilson, Gretchen Fowler,
Melissa Cabral and Marcos Castellanos were absent.
- On motion by Gail Jensen and seconded by Karen Watts, December 10, 2004
Minutes were approved.
- Governor's January Budget
Governor Schwarzenegger's proposed budget is up 5.4% from last year and very
good for community colleges with:
- 3% enrollment growth augmentation
- 3.93% for COLA
- $20M one-time economic development augmentation
- $31.4M set aside for potential restoration to community college apportionments.
- No fee increases
- District Growth Information - tabled until next meeting
- Chancellor's Office keeps a 20-year growth chart that is very helpful
for planning. Ms. Elam will distribute to committee members.
- Faculty (and staff) would like training or a presentation about how
growth funding is captured and funds distributed.
- Instructional Equipment Recommendation
- Committee would like to emulate coding system set up by Mark Dumas (CIS).
- Facilities has list it inventories annually.
- Facilities hopes during this budget cycle to categorize and update each
fully depreciated item to a master list with its condition marked as green
(good working condition), yellow (needs replacement soon) or red (not
- Once items have been identified and classified, a plan can be formulated
to set aside replacement funds in the budget.
- Student ASB report not available
- Accreditation Self-Study Program Review
- Zoomerang results of student survey distributed. Faculty results will
be handed out next meeting.
- Generally positive results and many comments. Comments can be used
as reference for future goals and objectives.
- Faculty flex activity was impressive.
- Questions from each standard presented to faculty groups, responses
recorded on posters and standard leaders rotated until each group
commented on each standard. Comments relating to budget and/or standard
III can be used as reference for future goals and objectives.
Next Meeting is February 25 2005 at 2:00 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes