Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
February 26, 2002
The meeting started at 3:34 p.m. in room 102 with Becky Elam (co-chair), Dewey
Heinsma (co-chair), Carol Montez, Rolando Regino, Gale Ward, Gail Jensen, Ron
Bowman, Karen Watts and guest speaker, Teri Sisco. ASB representative, Mayda
Rivero, Dennis Hogan, Dennis Anderson, Jeanine Woodford, and John Norman were
- On motion by Becky Elam and seconded by Gale Ward, the minutes for February
7, 2002 were approved.
- Teri Sisco discussed District's new office supply ordering procedures. Warehouse
items will soon be ordered directly from Reliable Office Solutions and on-line
ordering should become available in July. Warehouse items will be delivered
the next day (items not on the warehouse list can be ordered through purchase
requisitions as before). The new system will:
- Simplify ordering
- Give warehouse employees time to devote to other tasks
- Standardize items that are used throughout the District
- Lower the cost for standard items
- Eliminate duplicate storage of items kept in the warehouse and in departments
- Make storage space in the warehouse available
Reliable has offered to buy back our excess inventory.
District paper usage was discussed and possible ways to cut down usage.
The District paper costs are reasonable and consistent with District growth.
Teri will bring to the next meeting actual usage numbers from Xerox.
- Becky Elam gave a budget update and discussed the P1 figures. The District
was fully funded for FTES for fiscal 2000-2001. Growth rate for 2003 is 7.30%.
- The next meeting will be March 19 at 3:00 p.m. Karen Watts will notify everyone
The meeting adjourned at 4:45 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes