Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
February 24, 2006
The meeting began at 2:35 p.m. Members Becky Elam, Paul Hert, Catalina Cruz,
Karen Watts, Ron Bowman, Michael Beckham, Donna Greene and Dennis Hogan, Kristi
DiMemmo were present. Robin Steinback, Gail Jensen, Teri Sisco, Jim Davis, Darryl
Taylor, Matthew Love and Carlo Hinchliff, were absent.
- On motion by Dennis Hogan and seconded by Ron Bowman, December 9, 2005 Minutes
- Student Report - not available
- Program Based Funding Presentation
Michael Beckman presented an overview of the State apportionment calculations
so that committee members will be able to make informed decisions and recommendations.
The presentation was excellent and Mr. Beckman was invited to make his presentation
to other organizations involved in the budget process.
- 2005-2006 First Principal Apportionment (P1) Report
- First time decline for the District
- Committee to develop a definition for "discretionary funds."
- SB361 Proposed Legislation
SB361 has gained strong support and it is hoped to become effective July 1,
2006. This proposed provides a more generalized and simplified calculation
of the state apportionment.
- Other Information
Dennis Hogan reported that the college has purchased way signs for each campus
(25 SJC and 24 MVC).
He also reported that the District is in the process of calling for bids for
a marquee sign for MVC.
- Next Meeting is March 24 at 2:30 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes