Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
December 17, 2003
The meeting began at 3:34 p.m. Members Becky Elam (co-chair), Bea Ganim, Robin
Steinback, Karen Watts, Dennis Hogan, Kristi DiMemmo, Karen Richter, Don Robinson
and Catalina Cruz were present. Ron Bowman (co-chair), Gail Jensen, Alma Cacho,
and Matt Zepeda were absent.
- On motion by Kristi DiMemmo and seconded by Dennis Hogan, the minutes for
November 19, 2003 were approved.
- Budget Proposal Form - Additional suggestions were made and modifications
will be brought to January's Budget meeting for approval.
- District Van Fleet Report - Dennis Hogan provided handout of car rental
and bus rental information from several companies. He will ask companies to
provide District with formal bids and bring to the committee for further consideration
at February's meeting.
- Shared Governance/Budget Committee Membership and Charge - Electronic survey
has not been published yet.
- ASB Report - No report today.
- Proposition 20 - "Proposition 20 amended Government Code Section 8880.4
to provide that beginning with the 1998-99 fiscal year and each fiscal year
thereafter, fifty percent of any growth in statewide lottery revenues for
public education above what was allocated in the 1997-98 fiscal year would
be allocated to school districts and community college districts (K14 districts)
for sole purpose of purchasing instructional materials." This may shift
funds over to utilities and to instructional materials printed by the District.
Community Colleges have been underutilized and may receive funds that will
help students who have been displaced by UC and CSU systems and absorbed by
- Next Meeting will be January 21, 2004 at 3:30 PM.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:45 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes