Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
December 10, 2004
The meeting began at 10:31 a.m. Members Bob Rockwell, Dennis Hogan, Melissa
Cabral, Donna Greene, Gail Jensen, Becky Elam, Martha Crawford, Kristi DiMemmo
and visitors Barbara Oberg and Susan Guarino were present. Catalina Cruz, Robin
Steinback, Paul Hert, Karen Watts, Jenna Wilson, Gretchen Fowler and Marcos
Castellanos were absent.
- On motion by Bob Rockwell and seconded by Dennis Hogan, November 19, 2004
Minutes were approved with two changes.
- Instructional Equipment Recommendation
- A motion to begin the process by starting with an equipment inventory
was approved by Bob Rockwell and seconded by Dennis Hogan.
- An assessment has been done and much of the equipment is out-dated.
A conditional assessment should be completed by departments beginning
with instructional department on each campus to provide equipment replacement
priorities. Vice President Becky Elam indicated District is in a position
to get the process started similar to Mark Dumas' process.
- Dennis Hogan will provide copy of inventory to all.
- Higher fees have had an impact on enrollment.
- Students are waiting also because of unknown grades and three days to
pay or be dropped for nonpayment.
- Some surrounding Districts are using longer drop timeframes. MSJC is
first in the region to use three-day drop. There are several electronic
methods in place to notify of need to pay in the three-day time period.
- Instruction is in the process of preparing a new Ed Plan.
- Board of Governor's Budget Request for fiscal 2005-06
- The Summary of Recommended Funding Increases information sheet was distributed
and reviewed showing total augmentations recommending ongoing state-wide
augmentations of $500 million and a one-time augmentation of $53 million.
- Student ASB report not available
- Accreditation Self-Study Program Review
- Standard III Working Timeline for 2005 was distributed and reviewed.
Process is moving forward with survey data being used in reports.
Next Meeting is January 28, 2005 at 2:00 p.m. SJC room 200, linked to MVC room
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes