Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
December 9, 2005
The meeting began at 2:34 p.m. Members Becky Elam, Paul Hert, Catalina Cruz,
Karen Watts, Ron Bowman, Michael Beckham, Donna Greene and Dennis Hogan were
present. Robin Steinback, Gail Jensen, Teri Sisco, Jim Davis, Darryl Taylor,
Matthew Love and Carlo Hinchliff, were absent.
- On motion by Ron Bowman and seconded by Catalina Cruz, October 28, 2005
Minutes were approved.
- Student Report - not available
- Committee Charge, Program Review and Budget Development
- Written Accreditation when released may have a recommendation.
- Facilities usually obtains new list two weeks before new semester begins.
Budget Committee may be able to compare to strategic planning and help
with priorities and funding.
- Equipment - facilities will put together a list of all equipment and
label red, yellow, green according to equipment condition similar to the
plan used in Information Technologies. Depreciation data is available
through the fixed asset inventory system. Funds also could be set aside
to replace/update equipment based on facilities list. This recommendation
should go to cabinet.
- Invite Wayne Hubert, head of Program Review Committee and Bob Rockwell,
SLO Coordinator, and shared governance committee chairs to budget meetings
to explain what Budget Committee can do to assist them. Committee will
put together an analysis of recommended funding priorities and submit
- Invite someone from Chancellor's Office to a flex activity with staff
and administration for an overview of State funding.
- District Annual Audit
- District received an excellent audit report:
- There were no recommendations. District is fiscally healthy and
auditors had no questions-we were able to provide everything they
- District is at 53.24% for the fifty-percent law.
- Foundation had no findings.
- In the future, the reserves for GASB 43/45 (Health and Welfare benefits
to retirees) and for load banking liabilities will continue to be
set aside in the accounts.
- Next Meeting is January 27 at 2:30 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes