Mt. San Jacinto Community College District
Budget Committee Meeting
April 22, 2005
The meeting began at 2:10 p.m. Members Becky Elam, Paul Hert, Catalina Cruz,
Robin Steinback, Bob Rockwell, Gail Jensen and Karen Watts were present. Kristi
DiMemmo, Robert Parker, Jenna Wilson, Gretchen Fowler, Donna Greene, Melissa
Cabral, Dennis Hogan and Marcos Castellanos were absent.
- On motion by Paul Hert and seconded by Catalina Cruz, February 25, 2005
Minutes were approved.
- Budget Committee Representation
- On motion by Paul Hert and seconded by Karen Watts it was decided that
the Budget Committee will continue to function as it currently exists.
- It was agreed the structure would be re-evaluated in the future and
that the committee will continue to strive for balanced representation
and to consider site-specific issues through the budget development cycle.
- Several members who serve on the committee are from the Menifee
- Occasionally, there are not enough members able to be at meetings
to provide a quorum.
- Bob Rockwell will bring to Academic Senate
- Becky will bring to College Council
- Send email notification
- P1 Report
- Chancellor's Office is correcting error. Equalization formula will be
changed to .97.
- Summer session attendance will determine if District meets CAP.
- Aggressive outreach and marketing goals for summer session are planned.
- Overcap beginning to decline
- Instructional Equipment Recommendation/Inventory update
- Because technology consumes most budget dollars leaving little for other
areas, the District is working to improve the process.
- Inventory of district equipment and tracking (currently underway).
- Physical inventory
- Identify items necessary to bring district into compliance
- Develop a formula to prioritize and a guide to replacement.
- Match priorities to budget
- Budget Development Process
- Calendar provided each year
- Prioritized Budget Proposal forms submit to supervisors/department chairs,
then Deans, and finally VPs.
- Cabinet reviews and they are folded into Tentative Budget.
- VPs distribute backfills
- Executive Cabinet decides where to distribute carryover accounts
- PFE funds do carryover for two fiscal years. District has $240,000 PFE
funds remaining and has notified field that the deadline is June 30, 2005.
- Student Report - ASB, not available.
- Accreditation Self-Study Program Review
- Two surveys left to incorporate:
- Board of Trustees
- Students from the Southwest Corridor
- Draft presented to Budget Committee
- Committee to give comments, recommendations, changes, etc. to Karen
Watts by two weeks
- Final draft report is due to the writing committee May 6, 2005.
Next Meeting is May 27, 2005 at 2:00 p.m.
Administration > Committees
> Budget Committee > Minutes