The MSJC Cheer squad is looking for a few good men & women to join the team!
Tryouts are Saturday, May 18th, starting at 10:00am and will be hosted on the MSJC San Jacinto Campus!
The Eagles are the official cheerleaders of Mt. San Jacinto College. We are a co-ed squad seeking men & women with cheer, dance and tumbling skills, good personal character, great work ethic, performance technique, and the ability to quickly learn routines to join our team. We also require commitment to the team’s schedule of performances, community service, fund-raising, and practices.
The tryout fee this semester is $25. Proper Cheer/dance attire (see below) must be worn. This is NOT an option. Proper attire is MANDATORY or you will not be considered for the team.
- Women: black fitted shirt with a sports-bra underneath (Absolutely NO Cleavage or mid-drifts showing!), black cheer or dance shorts with “spankies” underneath (not loose), white socks, white sneakers and red hair bow. Make up, if worn, should be mild and blend in naturally. Absolutely NO JEWELERY!
- Men: black t-shirt, black shorts, clean shaven, well-groomed with white socks and white cheer-like shoes. Absolutely NO JEWELERY!
Registration begins at 9:30 am. We will start on time, so be prompt! Bring your paperwork with you.
Candidates will demonstrate their tumbling and stunting skills while on the football field and then perform the pre-learned cheer and dance routines as a large group and then be put into smaller groups to perform cheer kicks, toe-touches, hurdlers, herkies, pike jumps as well as any other specialty jump you may have, once we have moved into the gymnasium. Following a brief break, they will then perform the cheer and dance choreography in groups of three in front of the judges panel. After this, interviews will take place. The new squad members will be announced the same day, time-permitting.
You will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Collegiate Appearance/physical fitness
- Cheer Kicks and Cheer Jumps
- Stunting and/or Tumbling Skills
- Pre-taught Cheer and Dance Routines
- You will also earn points for your interview and clinic hours (PDF)
Squad members must adhere to our schedule of practices, games, community service, and public appearances. Make sure you can commit before trying out.
Please call (951.240.9151) or email Coach Barry Grooms at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.