History, Mission and Goals
- To foster a comprehensive approach to and perspective on bias incidents and hate crimes in schools, on college campuses, and in surrounding communities.
- To develop a system of delivery and resources specific to schools and community organizations.
- To participate in and develop ongoing partnerships with local colleges, schools, agencies and associations to create effective strategies and educational resources.
- To encourage involvement and support from students, staff, faculty, administration and our local communities.
- To raise awareness of the injustice and divisiveness of bias and hate and highlight opportunities to make a difference.
The MSJC BEAR Team will receive, monitor, refer, and, as necessary, coordinate the College’s responses to hate and bias-related incidents that impact all or a significant portion of the college community. Incidents may involve bias or hate grounded in race, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, or disability and that occur within the college community.