Interested players contact Head Coach, Gina Oliver to schedule a home or campus visit.
Office (951) 639-5590
The Office is in the Women's Sports Modular (Room 5000A)
Eligibility Checklist to Play:
- MSJC Application
- Online Orientation
- Math/English Placement Tests
- Counseling Appointment to write Education plan
- 12+ units excluding PEIC 148
- SGA Card $7
- Physical Exam - Dave Brunken
- Education Plan- Jen Burleson
- Felony Conviction Questionnaire
- Form 1 CCCAA
- Broken Record if you are not directly out of high school.
Five Big Reasons to choose MSJC:
1. Money: The difference per unit is $46 at MSJC and pay $2,208 for two years of transferable degree-applicable coursework (48 units) vs. CSU at $14,138 for two years of IDENTICAL coursework (48 units).
2. Individual Career and Transfer Counseling: A new addition to our Athletic Department is a dedicated Student-Athlete Advisor. Jen Burleson has a Master's Degree in Counseling, and she played Intercollegiate Softball at Ohio State. Jen conducts grade checks and monitors athletes' progress towards their degree objectives. Our Transfer and Career Center also hosts several events for students on the Menifee and San Jacinto Campuses.
3. Playing Time: Parents don't realize that sending their daughters to a university will not guarantee playing time as a freshman or sophomore (even if they are very talented). At MSJC, talented players have a great chance of actually playing which better prepares the athlete to play once they do transfer on to play as a Junior and Senior.
4. Staying Local: Most of our recruiting targets Inland Empire High School Softball Players who want to get an affordable start on their education and stay close to home. Our players usually live with family, work part-time, and commute 10-30 minutes between campus and home. Playing locally --- parents and friends can watch your games and support you in person!
5. Tournament Exposure: In the spring semester we will play approximately 40 games including 3 college tournaments. University scouts will attend events played in Palm Desert (Jan), Winchester (Feb), and Ventura (Apr). Playing for MSJC has helped several local players who were overlooked by colleges during high school. Our program recycles your talent back into consideration for university-level scholarships and playing positions.
If you are considering MSJC to begin your college and softball career, complete a Prospective Player Form to get the ball rolling!!! After high school and travel ball, most college freshmen stop playing ball and overlook this local opportunity to continue playing competitively. MSJC bridges the gap between high school and a 4-year degree, allowing student-athletes to keep playing softball, preparing for university-level (upper-division) coursework!
Incoming Freshmen: Complete a College Application, complete the Online Orientation, You also must take the Math/English Assessment Tests before you can register for classes. Apply for Financial Aid. Go to the MSJC Financial Aid site and complete the FAFSA and the BOGW applications. Also, make an appt. with one of our counselors, Jen Burleson, Jethro Midgett or Matt Leyden, for academic planning and college orientation.
Returning players need to complete 24 units with a 2.0 GPA before Jan. in order to compete on the team.